This page has been developed to help communicate to our communities what local training and development opportunities come along and we are made aware of us. Are you undertaking any training or taking part in any training that we can tell the community about. Please let us know. Please also note that by communicating the availability of the training the Parish Council is not endorsing either the training provision or the provider.
The Cornforth Partnership are on to their next round of their ‘Hearts and Mind’s programme.
This is a 9 week course and will be delivered from Coxhoe Village Hall starting on Monday 24 February between 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm.
The course is for female victims and survivors of domestic abuse and will explore the following points over 9 weeks:
- Identify the different forms of domestic abuse
- Understand how domestic abuse may be perpetrated
- Understand the relationship between domestic abuse and power and control
- Identify own belief systems relating to acceptable and unacceptable behaviours
- Understand the impact of domestic abuse on children and how to support them
- Understand the impact of domestic abuse on the victim and wider family
- Identify and develop healthy coping strategies
- Develop a personal recovery plan
On completion of the course, women will be awarded with an NOCN level 2 qualification in ‘Understanding Domestic Abuse and Developing Recovery Strategies’.
Following on from the course there will be an opportunity for the women and their children to participate in a range of free family activities aimed at rebuilding and strengthening the family unit.
Participants will also have the opportunity to receive one to one support from a member of the team to support any developing issues.
For more information or to book a place contact Rachel on 01740 652000 or firstname.lastname@example.org