The Fireworks Display is back for 2021!
The Parish Council is planning for its Fireworks Display to be held on the evening of Saturday 6 November 2021, on the field by the Active Life Centre. Gates will open at 4.30 and the display will be at 6.30 for fifteen minutes, after which everyone is asked to safely leave the area.
Residents are asked to walk if at all possible, and if you must drive, to park away from the event. Coxhoe Village Hall car park will be open. Everyone is asked to park thoughtfully and not to block any road or access to houses and other premises. Please make sure you read the terms and conditions below.
The Parish Council will continue to assess any Covid restrictions or implications and the fireworks display will go ahead if the Parish Council feel it is safe to do so.
It is hoped that holding a display will cut down on unorganised fireworks, and people will know what time the fireworks will be happening.
Wristbands will be sold from Quarrington Hill Community Centre on Wednesday 27 October from 1.00pm to 3.30pm.
Wristbands will be available at the Active Life Centre Coxhoe from 9.00am on Tuesday 19 October to Coxhoe Parish residents. During this first week, residents will be asked to provide proof of their address such as a letter from Durham County Council, a government agency or a utility company such as your electric company.
From 9.00am on Tuesday 26 October wristbands will be available to anyone to buy.
Wristbands are £1.00 each (no matter what age).
There will be children’s rides and caterers selling burgers, chips, butties and coffee, and a sweetie van. Vegetarian options will be available. Parish Council youth clubs will be selling glow sticks and a variety of exciting merchandise to help everyone enjoy the night.
All updates and details will be posted on the website and on social media. The Parish Council thanks its partners, volunteers and everyone involved for helping to make this a great event for the people of our parish.
The terms and conditions of the event are as follows:
1. One blue wristband purchased entitles one person to be admitted to the fireworks display. The purchase of a wristband constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions by the purchaser and those for whom the wristbands are purchased.
2. Terms and conditions may be updated by Coxhoe Parish Council at any time and will be updated on the website (www.coxhoeparishcouncil.gov.uk).
3. The Parish Council is not responsible for any lost, stolen or destroyed wristbands.
4. If the event had to be cancelled, you are entitled to a refund and would need to request that either from the location at which you bought your wristband or by contacting Parish Council officers. Refunds would be available until 1 December 2021. Any money not claimed would be used by the Parish Council for future events. Any cancellation would be advertised as soon as reasonably possible on the Parish Council website and/or at the event location and/or on social media.
5. Tickets will not be refunded if an alternative date is proposed. If part of the event is cancelled, the Parish Council may refund none, some or all of the wristband price at its discretion.
6. Tickets must not be sold for commercial gain.
7. Photographs and videos may be taken at the event and used for publicity purposes and those buying wristbands are deemed to have consented for photographs to be used.
8. Please take care of your personal property at the event as the Parish Council cannot be held liable for any lost or damaged property. This is an outdoor event in the dark; please dress for the weather and take care on the field.
9. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
10. You must comply with all instructions given to you by the Parish Council or their agents, for example: no alcohol is allowed at the event; no dogs are allowed and no personal fireworks are allowed. Any confiscated items will be destroyed.
11. The Parish Council will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person or property however caused, in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care by the parish Council or its agents, or where such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable as a result of any breach.
12. If you have any legitimate complaint about the event you must contact the Parish Council within 28 calendar days of the event.
13. Information gathered will be held in accordance with the Parish Council’s Privacy Notice (Privacy Notice September 2018 (coxhoeparishcouncil.gov.uk)) and those of its partners who assist with organising and delivering the event.