Durham Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can provide a range of advice and point you in the right direction for things such as:
- Your civil rights, discrimination, immigration and the legal system
- Family and health matters
- Issues about your home and neighbours
- Consumer affairs including travel
- What benefits you are entitled to
- Issues regarding your employment
- Problems faced by low income, tax or debt including money management
CAB is a volunteer based organisation and their services are free. You can attend any of these sessions although you are advised to make an appointment.
Contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau
You can contact the citizens advice bureau in the following ways:
Durham Citizens Advice Bureau
54 North Road
03444 111 444 : Advice Line Monday to Friday 9am -4pm
0300 323 2000 : Debt Advice Line Monday to Friday 9am -12 noon
0300 232 1000 : to cancel and rearrange appointments
Fax: 0191 384 3886
You can also access Citizens Advice using their website.
Citizens Advice Outreach Service
There is an outreach Service at Coxhoe Medical Practice on Fridays between 9.30am and 12.30pm. Appointments are made via referral from GP at Health Centre.
Telephone: 0191 3770215.
- Are you confused by the pension changes?
- Do you need free and impartial guidance?
Pension Wise helps you make informed decisions about your future and what’s best for you and your family. The Citizens Advice Bureau offer appointments at various locations across County Durham.
For further information or to contact Pension Wise you can do so in the following ways:
Telephone: 01325 249 833