Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2018
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 (SI 234)
1. Date of announcement: 8th June 2018
2. Each year the Council’s Annual Return is audited by an auditor appointed by Public Sector Audit Appointments Limited. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2018 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Claire Llewelyn, Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer, Coxhoe Village Hall, Front Street East, Coxhoe, Durham, DH6 4LF – Telephone 0191 3773658 / 07988 283287
commencing on 18th June 2018 and ending on 27 July 2018.
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; and
- the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them.
Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose during the inspection period at 2 above.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 and the National Audit Office Code of Audit Practice.
Your audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS
5. This announcement is made by Claire Llewelyn, Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer.
Please note that the Annual Return and supporting documents for the year ending 31st March 2018 which are published on this website are unaudited until such time as they are approved by the Council’s external auditors, Mazars LLP, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS
The formal public notice regarding the above is available in pdf format here: