Finance, audit, assets, interests, risks and approach to quality.
Looking after Parish Finances
Coxhoe Parish Council prides itself that it has high standards of financial management and governance. We believe in the principle that if it is worth doing it is worth doing well. We have responsibilities for looking after your money and spending it wisely while achieving value for money. We are committed to achieving quality and high standards in everything we do in order that we can achieve and continually improve.
In doing so we are committed to achieving the standards expected as a Parish Council under the Local Council Awards Scheme. We are working towards this.
Coxhoe Parish Council
Notice of conclusion of the audit
Section 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015
1. The audit of accounts for the Council for the year ended 31st March 2018 has been concluded.
2. The Annual Governance and Accountability Return is available for inspection by any local government elector of the area of the Council on application to:C Llewelyn, Parish ClerkCoxhoe Parish CouncilCoxhoe Village HallFront Street EastCoxhoeDurhamDH6 4LF
3. Copies will be provided to any local government elector on payment of £0.50 for each copy of the Annual Return.
Announcement made by: Claire Llewelyn, Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer
Date of Announcement: 17th September 2018
The full and completed Annual Return is available from the following link:
The results of last year’s Annual Audit are now available. You can access last Annual Audit return from the following link:
The role of Audit in helping to maintain high standards
We value the role of internal and external audit in inspecting our processes. We learn from there reports and recommendations. We want to be honest and transparent. In doing so we want to make sure that our audit reports and assessments are made available for public inspection. You can access copies from these pages. These show that our commitment to financial health and corporate governance are sound and well founded.
The Role of Asset and Risk Management
The Parish Council faces many challenges and risks in meeting our mission statement, priorities and objectives. To help us move forward we are committed to high standards of asset and risk management. You can find out more about what we do from the following pages:
- Approach to Local Council’s Award Scheme
- Assets Register
- Financial Information and Corporate Governance
- Members Register of Interests
- Risk Management
- Statement of Data Quality
- Website Performance Reports