With an annual budget of about £123,000 Coxhoe Parish Council delivers relatively few services within the Parish compared to Durham County Council. We have a strong Partnership with Coxhoe Village Hall and our offices are based there.
Coxhoe Parish Council delivers the following main services:
- Developing and implementing the Parish Plan in support of the two village partnerships, Coxhoe Village Hall, and Future Leisure in Coxhoe (Flic)
- Representing local people on issues affecting the villages including liaison and lobbying with key public and private bodies
- Responding to consultations on applications for planning permission
- Providing floral and grass cutting services
- Managing some open spaces in the Villages including the village greens and the cricket ground
- Providing a number of allotments in both villages
- Providing some services for children and young people, including youth clubs and a playgroup
- Supporting local groups to secure local improvements including the provision of small grants
- Maintaining the millennium clocks
- Providing Christmas Lights and Christmas trees
- Providing an annual firework display and other community events
- Provided a limited number of salt bins and dog dirt bins
- Undertaking its statutory duties as a Parish Council including managing its employees, assets and managing its own performance
The Parish Clerk is employed part time and administers Coxhoe Parish Council, dealing with correspondence and communications as well as the budget for the council. She is supported by a part time Administration Assistant. We also have a part-time Children and Young People’s Co-ordinator and employ part time and auxiliary Youth Workers. Our website and social media pages are administered by a volunteer at no cost to the parish council.
Coxhoe Parish Council also employs people on a sub-contract basis for specific tasks i.e. grass cutting, supply and maintenance of the hanging baskets and maintenance of the village clocks which it had fitted to key buildings in the two villages to celebrate the Millennium.
Coxhoe Parish Council has an annual budget based on income that it largely receives from the council tax and this is used to pay for things in the villages regarded by the Councillors as important to the community.
View the contact us page for information about contacting the Parish Clark, alternatively take a look at the contact details for your Parish Councillors. You can also review the section of our website advising of the opening hours for Parish Council Offices.
Our Annual Action Plan for 2019-2020 is available from the following link:
Most of local authority services are delivered by Durham County Council. Check out the Durham County Council website for further information.