Coxhoe Parish Council approved its Website Accessibility Statement at its meeting on 6 November 2019.
The Parish Council must meet the requirements of new legislation by September 2019. Currently the Website does not meet the requirements of the law in a number of respects.
- there are some headings don’t cascade inside some features on some web pages
- some pages contain the same or limited link text going to different pages, some link text referring to the same page requires consistency
- while the website has been developed using plain English there is a need to ensure consistency across the site including use of consistent and accessible dates and times and remove characters that are difficult to be read
- some images have duplicate alternative text or have no alternative text
- tables: generated table code is not HTML5 compliant
- we need to check that pdf’s we use now are accessible and convert pdf’s to text where possible.
We are working to put this right. We have developed an action plan to help us achieve this.
Access a copy of the Coxhoe Parish Council Website Accessibility Statement