Coxhoe Parish Council is going crackers and is to host a free firework display this year!
This year, the Parish Council is delighted to offer all residents of the Parish the chance to celebrate Bonfire Night in style with it’s very own Parish Fireworks Display Event, which will be set to music to suit young and old alike.
It will take place on bonfire night on Monday 5th November starting at 5.30pm. The display will be held in the outside playing fields adjacent to the Active Life Centre. Entry is entirely free to residents of Coxhoe and Quarrington Hill only. Entry will only allowed to those wearing official event wristbands.
We have organised this FREE event to ensure everyone has access to a display and also to support community cohesion. There will be opportunities to purchase things like Fish & Chips, Burgers, Doughnuts/Crepes and drink, glowsticks and there will be fairground rides for small children too.
There are ‘ground rules’ to be adhered to on the night:
- One entry point to the display via Active Life Car Park
- No dogs allowed
- No alcohol
- No personal fireworks
- All children to be accompanied by an adult
- Admittance is through wearing official event wristbands only
- No parking in or around Linden Grove (Disabled Badge holders to park in Active Life Centre Car Park; and
- Residents of Quarrington Hill travelling by car are asked to park in the Village Hall Car Park and walk through St Mary’s Church to Active Life Centre
Event Wristbands, that are needed to be worn on the evening by everyone attending, are available from from Active Life Centre (not Coxhoe Village Hall), Linden Grove, Coxhoe DH6 4DW (proof of residency in the Parish must be shown on application). There will also be two opportunites to collect wristbands from t Quarrington Hill Community as follows:
- Wednesday 24th October 6pm-8pm; and
- Tuesday 30th October 10am – 12noon
For any further details please contact Karen Williams on 0191 377 3658 or email email@example.com
Also check out our scheduled event on our facebook page and let us know whether you are interested in coming.